We are seeking a qualified and dedicated medical biller to join our administrative team. As our medical biller, your duties will include maintaining billing software, appealing denied claims, and recording payments.
To succeed in this role, you must possess in-depth knowledge of Office Ally Clearinghouse billing software and medicare and medicaid policies. The ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as communicating with clients and various insurance providers will form a large part of the job.
Medical Biller Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due to medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
Medical Biller Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration, accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a medical biller using Office Ally Clearinghouse or similar role.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
- Excellent remuneration based on claims billed and paid
- Flexible time scheduling
- Work from home